Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Proverbs 8:22 Daughter of God



• Proverbs 8:22-31 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Wisdom here is being personified and being referred to as I as if she is a person and was there in the creation with God.The wisdom said she was By Him and With Him. Can we conclude that wisdom in this passage is another member of Godhead or daughter of God?

We would think so by the way the text read and by exegetical rules used by others. We cannot just come to the scripture and read them plainly to prove our preconceptions of what does says the word. But instead we need to reconcile all passages to get the best and acceptable, reasonable interpretation of the scriptures. see  2 Tim 3:16.

List of pronouns in Prov 8, 
• [LORD possessed me], [I was set up], [, I was brought forth], [he prepared the heavens, I was there], [Then I was by him], [and I was daily his delight], [and my delights were with the sons of men.]

A lot of people argued and insist that we have to look into the scriptures and read them plainly but in this case it would be foolish to do so. If we incorporate this type of exegesis then we will have to add another member into the Godhead.
In john 16 and 17 Jesus spoke many things in a veil language. We can see the disciples asking Him to speak in an openly manner without any restrictions for they too could not understand what Jesus was saying. Prov 8 along with many other passages are good example to show us the validity of the word of God and the Shemma. There was none beside God in the Beginning, He create all things by Himself without anyone to consult. 

Just as there is no God the Daughter, there is no clear evidence and scriptures to support the teachings of God the Son. All passages read to support such ideas cannot hold in relation to other text therefore fail to meet the qualification as a proper interpretation. 

There is only one God, whom the OT calls Him Father, for He is the Father of Creation. This one God became our brother by being born into His creation, The Humanity. He was Emmanuel,”God with Us” to reconcile the world to HIMSELF and we named Him Jesus, The Mighty God in Christ…
• Malachi 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?

2 comments:

  1. Personification and human attributes ascribed to wisdom in Prov 8
    Pro 8:1 cry/ and put forth her voice?
    Pro 8:2 She standeth
    Pro 8:3 She crieth
    Pro 8:4 I call; and my voice
    Pro 8:6 Hear; for I will speak
    Pro 8:7 my mouth shall speak
    Pro 8:8 my mouth
    Pro 8:10 my instruction,
    Pro 8:12 I wisdom dwell.
    Pro 8:13 , , do I hate.
    Pro 8:14 Counsel is mine, and I am . I have strength.
    Pro 8:16 me princes rule,
    Pro 8:17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
    Pro 8:18 with me;
    Pro 8:19 My fruit / I, /and my revenue .
    Pro 8:20 I lead
    Pro 8:21 That I may / ; and I will fill .
    Pro 8:22 The LORD possessed me
    Pro 8:23 I was
    Pro 8:24 I was
    Pro 8:25 I brought forth
    Pro 8:27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
    Pro 8:30 Then I was by him, as one brought up WITH HIM and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
    Pro 8:31 my delights
    Pro 8:32 my ways.
    Pro 8:34 heareth me, / my gates,
    Pro 8:35 findeth me
    Pro 8:36 hate me
    Questions to Trinitarians:

    1. Wisdon here is feminine..
    2. She speaks
    3. She was WITH God
    $. She was with God in creation
    5. God created the world by her See Jeremiah 51:15
    6. Wisdom is acts like a person

    Is wisdom another member of the Godhead?

    contrast with John 1, If the word in John 1 is claimed to be the second person of trinity ans was there before the world was, why isnt wisdom be included since she claimed to be there as a person?

    Is she another member and a daughter of God, God the Daughter?
    One of many points:

    Pro 8:30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

    I WAS > hâyâh [haw-yaw'] "To Exist"

    BY HIM > 'êtsel [ay'-tse]l
    a side; (as a preposition) near: - at, (hard) by, (from) (beside), near (unto), toward,[ with]

    ReplyDelete
  2. If trinitarian interpretation of John 1 is correct then we have to applied the same exegetical rules to prov 8. We cannot isolate the passage in John 1 from Prov 8. They both contain same prepositions and pronouns used by the writers ...

    ReplyDelete